ZebraCM: Baby zebra
ZebraCM is a stripped-down version of Zebra2 with a selection of modules organised in a simple layout. Though smaller, ZebraCM is still an adept synthesizer with enough features to keep you busy before stepping up to the full experience of Zebra2.
Please note: ZebraCM was commissioned by Computer Music magazine for their readers. It is only available via Computer Music, not from u-he.com or our resellers.
- 2 wavetable (16) oscillators with integrated sync and spectral filter
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), duophonic, mono or legato
- Stereo signal path
- Noise generator: White, pink, digital or crackles
- Filter with 20 modes (various lowpass, bandpass, notch, shelf, allpass…)
- 3 LFOs
- 2 ADSR envelopes with fall/rise sustain
- 3 effects: chorus, delay, reverb
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable UI
- 221 factory presets
- NEW in v1.1.1: Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
At the time we released our current plugin versions, Avid could not provide an AAX SDK that would let us build Universal Binary AAX plugins. For this reason, we currently cannot support Pro Tools for Mac. Pro Tools for Windows is still supported.
For the time being, macOS Pro Tools users who are not running the native Silicon version should use the previous versions of ZebraCM.
We hope to start work on native Silicon AAX support this year, as soon as our tight schedule allows. No ETA can be quoted yet.
Sights and sounds
- Audio Demos
Speed Boat RideSunny synthwave jam by Viktor. All sounds are ZebraCM.
ZebraCM (Zebra: Computer Music edition) is a stripped-down version of our flagship software synthesizer Zebra2, using selected modules from the latest version, but arranged in the simpler configuration of Zebra 1.0 (2003). ZebraCM is magware—you will find it on the cover CD of every issue of Computer Music
ZebraCM 1.1.1 (revision 12185)
Released August 10, 2021
This product is a free download and does not require a serial number to unlock it. This plug-in is only available from the magazine / website listed and not from u-he.com or our resellers.
* About Linux: Please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum .
Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
- Host software / DAW
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- 25-90 MB free disk space
- Modern CPU required:
Windows/Linux: Intel Nehalem or newer, AMD Bulldozer or newer
Mac: Intel Nehalem or newer, Apple M1
- Linux: glibc version 2.28 or newer
ZebraCM is not a standalone product, it requires host software. ZebraCM is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
AUv2, VST2, VST3, 64-bit only
temporarily no AAX (read more)
VST2, VST3, AAX*
* AAX requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later