A compact, sporty synth
TyrellN6: Classic racer with u-he engine
TyrellN6 is a compact, sporty synth. Based on concepts and ideas for a hardware synth: a few modules, novel features, analogue sound and low-cost. TyrellN6 is the software version manifestation of these ideas.
Available as a free download exclusively from the German online magazine Amazona. It is only available via Amazona.de, not from u-he.com or our resellers.
- Virtual analogue with classic architecture plus extras
- 2 oscillators, noise, ring modulator
- 2 LFOs with 8 waveforms, host-syncable
- Audio source mixer with authentic overdrive and filter feedback
- Twin filter related to Diva (early model)
- Unison with up to 8 voices
- Analogue-type ADSR envelopes, loopable or LFO-triggered
- Small modulation matrix with depth modulation from a second source
- Chorus effect with 3 modes
- MIDI learn / unlearn for hardware control
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable UI
- Over 580 factory presets
Sights and sounds
- Audio Demos
Tyrell is the name of a project by the German online magazine Amazona.de. A reader survey and follow-up on forum posts provided a pool of ideas for a low-cost hardware analogue synth, which Mic ‘Moogulator’ Irmer collected and used to develop quite a powerful concept. Based on a design similar to Roland’s classic Juno 60, a few modules and novel features could be added without making the product too expensive.
However, it soon became obvious that developing the hardware would have taken years, so Urs offered to turn the core design into a freeware softsynth. That was late 2010. Only a few weeks later, TyrellN6 was out for beta testing. After some serious bug-fixing and fine tuning, the final release version became available in April 2011.
In April 2013, we released TyrellN6 version 3, which now supports VST3. The new user interface was designed by Ryo Ishido.
To download TyrellN6, go to the Amazona TyrellN6 V3 page and scroll down until you see the macOS, Windows and Linux links.
TyrellN6 3.0.0 (revision 3898)
Released October 7, 2015
This product is a free download and does not require a serial number to unlock it. This plug-in is only available from the magazine / website listed and not from u-he.com or our resellers.
* About Linux: Please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum .
Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
- Host software / DAW
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
- Linux: glibc version 2.28 or newer
TyrellN6 is not a standalone product, it requires host software. TyrellN6 is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
AUv2, VST2, AAX*
* AAX requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or laternowoiks
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, registered in Europe and other countries.