Two classic analogue synths recreated
Repro dives into the past for analogue inspiration, meticulously modelling two famous synthesizers. Every detail of the original was captured using component-level modelling technology to create the most authentic model possible. All the subtle characteristics and quirks found in the originals are present in Repro. One product, one installer, two synths.
Repro contains Repro-1 and Repro-5 plug-ins.
Repro in the spotlight…
- Powerful analogue sound using component-level modelling
- 2 multi-wave oscillators: saw/pulse and saw / triangle / pulse
- Oscillator waveforms can be combined
- Pulse width modulation (PWM) and oscillator sync
- White noise generator
- 4-pole resonant lowpass filter
- 2 ADSR envelopes
- 2-slot matrix for freely assignable modulation
- Tweak page for adjusting component behaviour
- Microtuning support (.tun files)
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Global preferences page
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable UI
- New preset browser with extensive tagging and search functions New in version 1.1
- Proudly monophonic
- Glide control
- Arpeggiator with latch mode
- Twin 32-step sequencer, 64 steps if chained
- Built-in effects: analog-style delay / chorus, EQ / resonator, plate reverb, sonic conditioner, wave folder
- High quality audio mode (uses more CPU)
- Sleepy mode to save CPU when Repro-1 is idle
- 500 factory presets
Repro-5 only New in version 1.1
- Based on famous 5-voice polyphonic hardware synth
- 8 voice polyphonic, or up to 8 voice unison with optional glide
- Individual voice panning
- Audio-rate voice modulation: Oscillator A frequency, pulse width, filter cutoff
- Built-in effects: analog-style delay / chorus, EQ / resonator, plate reverb, sonic conditioner, tape emulation effect
- Polyphonic distortion unit with 4 modes: soft clip, hard clip, foldback, corrode
- Over 950 factory presets
Repro 1.1 available. New name, added polyphonic Repro-5 synth, new preset browser and more, read all changes and bug fixes in the release notes.
Sights and sounds
- Audio Demos
Remember the Night --:-- / --:--
Arksun takes Repro-5 on an ambient synth trip.
Repro-5 Demo Song --:-- / --:--
Touches of funk and retro vibes are on display in Electric Himalaya’s Repro-5 demo track.
Repro-5 Presets --:-- / --:--
Luftrum shows off his contributions to the Repro-5 factory preset library.
Repro-5 Demo 3 --:-- / --:--
Oddvar serves up an electro / breakbeat piece showcasing Repro-5.
Repro-1 Demo Song --:-- / --:--
Using only Repro-1, Urs creates a short piece reminiscent of 1980s electronica (Berlin / Düsseldorf crossover).
Rave --:-- / --:--
Swelling layers and bubbling accents drive this tech house piece from Oddvar. All sounds by Repro-1 except the drums.
The Big Reveal --:-- / --:--
The Unshushable Coktor channels some 80s vibes for his Repro-1 track. All sounds by Repro-1 except the drums/percussion.
REPROgrammed --:-- / --:--
A pulsing dance oriented track from Ned Bouhalassa . All sounds from Repro-1 except the drum loops.
REPROductive --:-- / --:--
Ned Bouhalassa creates a dramatic synth track using only Repro-1.
Two in one
Repro-1 is a fierce monosynth: hard working, raw sounding and immediately playable. The classic design is simple and intuitive but belies a deep feature set capable of a wide range of sounds.
Repro-5 is the new polyphonic addition. It has a lot in common with Repro-1, a similar design and feature plus shared sonic DNA. But Repro-5 introduces new flavours, most notably is ability to play lush chords or thick unison leads, while keeping the authentic analogue sound.
Spitzenklasse (Top Class)
“…a fantastic sounding virtual analog Synthesizer that puts the competition in its place.”
Virtual Emulation of the Year 2017
“…brimming with the most achingly gorgeous analog characteristics I’ve heard yet in a software instrument.”
Bedroom Producers Blog
“…this thing sounds awesome.”
“Great sound, powerful effects, looks great, easy to use.”
“Repro-1 should go down well with all synth heads who are after raw analogue-style power in the box.”
“U-He ist es mit dem Repro-1 gelungen das Konzept und den charaktervollen Sound des Sequential Circuits Pro One authentisch nachzubilden.”
Editor’s Choice 2017
“I had more than one ‘wow’ moment when rolling through the excellent preset library…”
“It’s a truly beautiful sound for a soft synth.”
“…the sound, the art work, and the functionality are all amazing…”
“The Repro-1 sounds flat-out jaw-droppingly astounding…”
Performance Award 2017
“In meinen Augen hat U-He die alte ‚Analog vs. Digital‛-Diskussion beendet.”
Sehr Gut 2016
Download the demo and enter your serial number to unlock the full version. The demo version emits crackling sound at irregular intervals.
Repro 1.1 (revision 6794)
Released December 15, 2017
: Before purchasing, please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum . CLOSE
Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
- Host software
Repro is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Repro is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
Avaliable as Audio Units (AU), VST2, VST3, AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) NKS, plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Repro supports Native Instruments’ NKS format and is compatible with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware.
Downloads for Repro
Try the latest builds of Repro, which include improvements and bug fixes. Note: these are stable, but still beta versions.
Older Repro installers are in our release archive (for legacy systems).
NKS Preview Files
NKS Preview files for Repro-1 come with the official NKS Previews bundle that can be installed via NI Native Access.
NKS Preview files for Repro-5 are not included in the official NI download, you can download them here.