Nice and easy
Created in 2005 and still going strong. Podolski is a free, straightforward, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. One oscillator, one filter, one envelope and an arpeggiator / sequencer. Simple, but with a few tricks up its sleeve. Create high quality sounds with ease.
- Oscillator with variable symmetry (sawtooth to triangle, PWM) and glide
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), mono, legato and arpeggiator modes
- 4 envelope modes: ADSR or HDSR, linear or exponential. Sustain has Fall/Rise control
- 2 LFOs: one global, one per voice. Absolute time or host sync, multiple waveforms
- Multimode filter: lowpass, bandpass or highpass with drive and FM
- Combination arpeggiator / 16-step sequencer with extra modulation source
- 2 built-in effects: stereo delay, chorus / flanger
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable UI
- Global preferences page
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Over 300 factory presets
- NEW in v1.2.3: Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
The current version of Avid's toolkit for building AAX plug-ins is not compatible with the Apple SDK needed to build plug-ins for Apple's new ARM/M1 processors. We are therefore not able to provide updated AAX versions on macOS, neither for Intel CPUs, nor for Apple M1. If you're a Pro Tools user on macOS, please continue using the previous version of Podolski for the time being. Once the AAX toolkit supports Apple's M1 processor architecture, we will provide new AAX versions for macOS, with support for Big Sur and both Intel and Apple M1 CPUs.
Sights and sounds
- Audio Demos
Heart Of The Podolski --:-- / --:--
Track by Faber. Atmospheric ambient/soundtrack piece using only Podolski with a few modified factory presets, plus additional effects. Listen to the full track on SoundCloud or visit Faber's artist page.
Slowhouse --:-- / --:--
A deep house inspired track from Oddvar using the TUC Toys presets, now part of Podolski's factory content. Drums and compression added.
Synth Jam --:-- / --:--
The Unshushable Coktor provides a synth-pop jam with an 1980s feel. All the sounds except drums made with TUC Toys presets, now part of Podolski's factory content. A little reverb, EQ, Satin and Presswerk added
Podolski is a simple, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. Basically a cut down version of FilterscapeVA with just one oscillator, one filter, one envelope and two LFOs, it also features a Zebra-style arpeggiator/sequencer plus chorus and delay effects.
Podolski's specialities are the Click parameter (emphasizes the filter attack) and its ability to seamlessly morph between three waveforms (WaveWarp).
For this current version, the factory library was overhauled, the TUC Toys soundset was integrated into the main library, all factory presets have been tagged and Podolski is now NKS-ready.
Podolski has been refurbished with some new presets by Howard Scarr, has undergone a GUI makeover (two new skins) and supports a wider range of plug-in formats. A new English language manual is also included. Download Podolski for free.
Version 1.0 was released as a free gift for visitors to the u-he booth during Musikmesse 2005. Right after Musikmesse it went on the cover mount CD of the German Keyboards magazine (later Sound & Recording). Podolski was u-he's first "magware" offering, and was distributed with every issue until about 2009.
Podolski 1.2.3 (revision 12092)
Released August 10, 2021
This product is a free download and does not require a serial number to unlock it.
* About Linux: Please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum .
Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
- Host software / DAW
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU required:
Windows/Linux: Intel Nehalem or newer, AMD Bulldozer or newer
Mac: Intel Nehalem or newer, Apple M1
- Linux: glibc version 2.28 or newer
Podolski is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Podolski is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
AUv2, VST2, VST3, 64-bit only
temporarily no AAX (read more)
VST2, VST3, AAX*
* AAX requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later
Podolski is Native Instruments NKS-ready and compatible with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware.