Nice and easy
Created in 2005 and still going strong. Podolski is a free, straightforward, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. One oscillator, one filter, one envelope and an arpeggiator / sequencer. Simple, but with a few tricks up its sleeve. Create high quality sounds with ease.
- Oscillator with variable symmetry (sawtooth to triangle, PWM) and glide
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), mono, legato and arpeggiator modes
- 4 envelope modes: ADSR or HDSR, linear or exponential. Sustain has Fall/Rise control
- 2 LFOs: one global, one per voice. Absolute time or host sync, multiple waveforms
- Multimode filter: lowpass, bandpass or highpass with drive and FM
- Combination arpeggiator / 16-step sequencer with extra modulation source
- 2 built-in effects: stereo delay, chorus / flanger
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable UI
- Global preferences page
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Over 520 factory presets
Podolski version 1.2.1 (rev 4317) beta is available. Includes re-written VST3 support and 100 new presets. More details and downloads available in our forum .
Sights and sounds
- Audio Demos
Slowhouse --:-- / --:--
A deep house inspired track from Oddvar using the TUC Toys presets. Drums and compression added.
Synth Jam --:-- / --:--
The Unshushable Coktor provides a synth-pop jam with an 1980s feel. All the sounds are from TUC Toys except the drums. A little reverb, EQ, Satin and Presswerk added
Podolski is a simple, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. Basically a cut down version of FilterscapeVA with just one oscillator, one filter, one envelope and two LFOs, it also features a Zebra-style arpeggiator/sequencer plus chorus and delay effects.
Podolski’s specialities are the Click parameter (emphasizes the filter attack) and its ability to seamlessly morph between three waveforms (WaveWarp).
TUC Toys is a new addition to Podolski’s preset library included in the latest update. You can download the beta version here .
Podolski has been refurbished with some new presets by Howard Scarr, has undergone a GUI makeover (two new skins) and supports a wider range of plug-in formats. A new English language manual is also included. Download Podolski for free.
Version 1.0 was released as a free gift for visitors to the u-he booth during Musikmesse 2005. Right after Musikmesse it went on the cover mount CD of the German Keyboards magazine (later Sound & Recording). Podolski was u-he’s first ‘magware’ offering, and was distributed with every issue until about 2009.
Podolski 1.2.1 (revision 3898)
Released October 7, 2015
This product is a free download and does not require a serial number to unlock it.
* About Linux: Please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum .
Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
- Host software
Podolski is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Podolski is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
Available as Audio Units (AU), VST2, VST3, AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.