ACE 1.4.1 (revision 9709)
- Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
- Winstaller improvements
- UTF-8 support for installation paths
- New Preset Browser
- Factory presets have been tagged
- Improved VST3 implementation
- Pitchbend range is now +/−48 semitones
- Improved GUI response time on some Macs (sluggish GUI)
- Windows UI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
- Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
- Mouseover shows parameter values in Data Display
- Plugin format and OS info shown next to revision number
- New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation
- Init preset can be loaded from Data Display (for Win users: also works via right-click)
- Increased maximum number of installed skins from 10 to 20
- Improved handling of 14-bit MIDI CC assignment
- Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)
- List of automation parameters unified between Mac & Win
- Fixed an issue where VST3 did not remember preset name in Data Display (Windows only)
- Fixed an issue with dialogs appearing transparent in Cubase 10.5 and Logic
- Fixed an issue with mapping generator not updating instantly
- Fixed VCF input label
- Various small fixes and improvements
- Rare DC issue (audio clicks, sound cuts out)
- Natural cable style causing GUI glitches
- Context menus need plugin focus to work (Apple issue)
We improved the Windows installer to prevent wrong installations and permission issues. Please check the suggested installation paths during installation.
If you experience GUI glitches when switching presets, either close and reopen the GUI, or simply avoid using the cable style "natural".
The presets in the "Contributions" folder have now been sorted into the appropriate category folders, and the Contributions folder has been removed. If you had presets in this folder marked as favourites, and you want to keep the favourite markings, backup the folder, then install the update, and then put the folder back in there before you start the updated plugin for the first time.
IMPORTANT: Due to the new preset browser, please install the update into the same location as the previous version, and select all previously installed plugin formats during installation. Alternatively, you can remove the old files, and start over with a fresh installation.
It is crucial to not install old and new plugin versions side by side, since the old versions can not cope with the new preset browser, and will crash (or otherwise misbehave).
IMPORTANT INFO FOR ACE WINDOWS USERS:
In ACE, the list of parameters reported to the host for automation was not identical on Mac and Win. The update fixes this by correcting the list on Windows. Thus, if you try to load old host projects, you might now see some wrong parameters being automated. You can manually correct this by reassigning the parameters in the projects.
To help with this, you can find a conversion table inside the Windows installer zip file, named "ACEAutomation Parameter Conversion Table.pdf". The NEW parameter is the corrected parameter, as it will appear in your project after you updated to the latest build. The OLD parameter is the one you originally automated in the project. This way you can easily see which parameters you might have to exchange in the project.
ACE 1.4 (revision 3898)
- Improved UI
- New modulation sources
- Fixed cable style bug
ACE 1.2 (revision 1506)