IT Administration, Web Development
Rob was the kind of kid that would break or take apart his toys, only to try and understand how they worked, much to the disdain of his parents and family. Driven by curiosity and a thirst for answers, Rob to this day wastes much of his life experimenting with and examining things that most others would deem irrelevant or negligible.
He started his work life in the IT department of a wool-focused fashion company, and later went on to program media control systems and networks in all kinds of weird and fascinating places, ranging from private homes and startup companies over schools and museums to multi-national companies.
After 30 years of green countrysides, snowy mountains, lakeside campfires and countless other romantic distractions, Rob finally fled from the safe Bavarian homelands to the gray and ghastly Gomorrah that is Berlin in 2012, where he now works for a small but innovative plug-in developer.
At u-he, Rob started out in customer support, soon drifted off into keeping the website alive, and eventually expanded his scope of activity to network and IT administration, back-end web programming and various complex scripting tasks. He loves spending the boss's money on expensive server and security hardware, and finds fulfilment in annoying his co-workers with semantic sticklery and often brain-numbing punnage.
Ze noise loop
- Tim Minchin - Carry You
- Liquid - La Le Lu
- Vanna - Candle Limbs
- Despised Icon - Diva Of Disgust
- Athena - Senden, Benden, Bizden
- FM84 - Running In The Night
- Gov't Mule - Beautifully Broken
- Carcer City - Disaronno Lips
- Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire
- Culling The Weak - Merciless
- Corey Taylor - Snuff
- Garbage - Even Though Our Love Is Doomed
- Emmure - MDMA
- Heroes del Silencio - Maldito Duende
- GWLT - Krrk! & Frieden
- Gwen Stacy - A Dialogue
- Jinjer - Pisces
- Iwrestledabearonce - Tastes Like Kevin Bacon
- Stage experienced multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, bedroom producer, audio geek.
- OCD ridden pedant/perfectionist, loves symmetry and order.
- Knows a fitting The Office (US) or Friends quote for nearly any situation.
- Loves soldering guitar & bass electronics. His burnt fingertips wish he wouldn't.
- Started collecting 500 series hardware modules like Pokémon.
- Coded a WAP based mobile messenger system in 2000. Peak user count: 12.
- Dabbles in cardistry, card mechanics and sleight of hand tricks.
- Was first row victim at a Jimmy Carr standup show.
- Game Boy enthusiast, collector, modder.
- Hi mum!