After spending several years writing code for the u-he plug-in framework, Jan became more and more involved in project managment. Having accepted this new role, he is often heard asking colleagues to “Please JIRA that” in a vain attempt to inject some semblance of organization into the development process at u-he.
Jan often writes tools to make processes in the company less tedious and more reliable, applying his MacGyver skills to eleminate whatever obstacle is currently hindering progress.
Oh, and then this Eurorack thing happened and somebody had to program that, too!
Jan's early history with synths was rocky to say the least: As a teen punkrocker and metalhead he professed to hate synths and Techno music, but later came to understand that what he REALLY hated were Romplers and Eurodance. Jan eventually developed a deep affection for synthesizers through progressive rock. However, low-fi demos, DIY and Portastudios remained close to his heart ... so his gear-to-apartment-size ratio is problematic.
- Betty Davis - They Say I'm Different
- Algebra Suicide - Feminine Squared
- Mac Demarco - Another One
- Prince - Dirty Mind
- The Sound - Jeopardy
- Soko - My Dreams Dictate My Reality
- Kevin Dunn And The Regiment Of Women - The Judgement Of Paris
- UR - Electronic Warfare
- Abwärts - Der Westen ist Einsam
- Ministry - Twelve Inch Singles (1981-1984)
- Yellow Magic Orchestra - Technodelic
- Post-Punk, Wave, Prog
- '80s Roland Fanboy
- Searching for the perfect William Gibson soundtrack
- A night owl
- First synth: Microkorg
- First synth love: MFB Synth (I)