Jan writes code for our plug-ins, concentrating on our underlying framework. He is often heard saying: “Please JIRA that” in attempts to organise our development process. While coding new GUI features, Jan feels a bit like Q to Sebastian’s James Bond… and sometimes the new features even act like exploding pens.
Jan’s early history with synths was a little rocky: he hated synths and techno, but later came to understand he meant romplers and Euro-dance. From there he developed an affection for synths, demo / DIY recording, 4/8-tracks, Portastudios and low-fi. Consequently, his apartment size to synth ratio is often problematic.
Jan’s love of synths drew him away from his previous work programming free-to-play MMOGs towards audio plug-ins. Love, and a need for absolution.
- Betty Davis - They Say I’m Different
- Algebra Suicide - Feminine Squared
- Mac Demarco - Another One
- Prince - Dirty Mind
- The Sound - Jeopardy
- Soko - My Dreams Dictate My Reality
- Kevin Dunn And The Regiment Of Women - The Judgement Of Paris
- Ariel Pink - Pom Pom
- Abwärts - Der Westen ist Einsam
- Ministry - Twelve Inch Singles (1981-1984)
- Yellow Magic Orchestra - Technodelic
- Post-Punk, Wave
- Smokey, little punk rock bars
- ’80s Roland Fanboy
- Searching for the perfect William Gibson soundtrack
- “The early bird” has never even seen him… nocturnal
- First synth: Microkorg; first synth love: MFB Synth (I)