Henna's journey began in the wild East German countryside, being born and raised in a country that no longer exists. Her path led her to Berlin where she studied culture and technology, "core subject philosophy", which she did not complete. Undeterred yet determined, she worked at various different software companies before she found her safe haven at u-he in 2016.
At u-he, Henna takes care of many tasks such as the back office, the accounting department, and being the overall hero of organisation - which is often challenging. She enjoys fiddling with Eurorack components and loves putting the tiny pieces in place. Though sometimes moody, "just like the rest of the pack", she is an all-round good soul.
She mostly spends her spare time with her son Jules, learning everything about Star Wars and playing seemingly endless games of yes-no. Jules is now in school and grows just as fast as his hair, looking like a 70s skater dude. Henna loves and appreciates the good things in life, music, TV series, tattoos and a glass of fine gin, although finding the time to enjoy all of the above can be challenging between being a mom and an office superwoman.
Songs that always work for her…
- Tom Waits - Take it With Me
- The Glitch Mob - We Can Make the World Stop
- Kat Frankie - Frauen verlassen
- Boysetsfire - Rookie
- Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius
- Peter Gabriel - Washing of the Water
- Bon Iver - Skinny Love
- Edit - Fire Riddim
- Lykke Li - Dance, Dance, Dance
- Wir sind Helden - Ein Elefant für Dich
- Ben Folds - The Luckiest
- Atmosphere - Yesterday
- College & Electric Youth - A Real Hero
- Dillon - Thirteen Thirtyfive
- Penny & the Quarters - You and Me
- Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
- Rocky Votolato - Automatic Rifle
- Beastie Boys - Girls
- Stars - Set Yourself on Fire
- Kanye West - Jesus Walks
- Went on 12 musical ‘blind dates’ one year. Every month a surprise concert with a good friend.
- Unconvinced about the joys of pet guinea pigs
- Eating soup or cereal makes her go cross-eyed
- Used to collect stones
- She let her friend write this